Psychotherapist and Counsellor
Holly has completed a Masters of Counselling and Applied Psychotherapy (Jansen Newman Institute). Her style is relaxed, warm and curious and her approach is humanistic, wholistic and integrative. Holly is interested in how our mental wellbeing is affected by stressful events and difficult relationships throughout the lifespan. When these difficulties remain unexplored, we can disconnect from parts of ourselves (our emotions, body sensations, intuition and longings). We can then start to live life ‘on the surface’ and can be left feeling numb, agitated, stuck and detached from ourselves, others and our life. Through seeing our habitual ways of being and understanding the path we have trodden, we can then sense the possibility of new richer, fluid ways of being that are responsive to our circumstances.
Holly is committed to her own inner work and engages in regular supervision. She has also worked in healthcare for 18 years as an Occupational Therapist, with people of all ages, with a wide range of physical, cognitive and mental health conditions. This work has developed in Holly the ability to meet people where they are at and provide a sincere holding for people in times of distress.
Holly is available to support you in the following areas:
- Inner work around boundaries, self-defeating patterns, people-pleasing, rescuing, perfectionism, high levels of self-criticism, over-intellectualising life/difficulty feeling
- Understanding and integrating the impact of difficult life events
- Working with persistent difficult emotions like abandonment, fear, anger, sadness and resentment
- Exploring stuck patterns in relationships (please note, I do not offer couples counselling or family therapy)
- Managing life transitions
- Existential/spiritual inquiry
For more information about Holly and the counselling process, or to book an appointment, please visit www.luminouscounselling.com.au. You can also email email@example.com or call Holly on 0466 142 126 for a 15 minute introductory chat.