Holly has completed a Masters of Counselling and Applied Psychotherapy (Jansen Newman Institute) and is also a qualified Internal Family Systems (IFS) therapist.
Holly’s focus is to support and promote each person’s awareness and understanding of their ‘inner world’, so that they may act with more fullness, clarity and alignment in their ‘outer world’. Holly provides a safe and gentle space to stop, breathe and reconnect within – to explore and understand current difficulties and/or the ongoing impact of traumatic experiences from early life.
Central to Holly’s practice is knowing and trusting that we all have access to a state of being which is calm, curious, compassionate and insightful – a state which can support healing. Holly envisions her role not as an all-knowing expert, but as a co-explorer, always willing to support and guide the journey of inner understanding.
Holly is committed to her own inner work, engages in regular supervision and is a Member of the Australian Counselling Association (ACA).
Holly sees adults for individual therapy and is available to support you in the following areas:
- Inner work around boundaries, self-defeating patterns, people-pleasing, rescuing, perfectionism and high levels of self-criticism
- Understanding and integrating the impact of difficult life events
- Working with persistent difficult emotions like abandonment, fear, anger, sadness and resentment
- Exploring stuck patterns in relationships (please note, I do not offer couples counselling or family therapy)
- Managing life transitions
- Existential/spiritual inquiry
For more information about Holly and the counselling process, or to book an appointment, please visit www.luminouscounselling.com.au. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Holly on 0466 142 126 for a 15 minute introductory chat.