Holistic Counsellor and Wellness Coach
Kate is a warm, genuine, easy going and non-judgemental Counsellor and Wellness Coach, passionate about improving the mental, emotional, and physical wellbeing of the community. She takes a person centred and strengths-based approach to create a safe environment for her clients to be raw, open and honest as they unpack, explore and process any thoughts, feelings, beliefs and experiences holding them back, to make space for growth, transformation and change.
Kate is especially passionate about supporting women during the perinatal period as they navigate their transition into Matrescence – “the transition into Motherhood” and the complex changes that occur in this life stage to ensure that Mothers get the nurturing, support, and gentle encouragement to engage in proactive self-care practices needed to thrive as individuals and parents.
Kate holds a Bachelor of Counselling and Coaching from the Australian College of Applied Psychology (accredited by the International Coaching Federation), is a volunteer crisis supporter for lifeline and youth intake worker for Headspace. She has also managed a boutique health and fitness centre for the past nine years which fuels her passion for providing holistic support that encompass all areas of a person’s health for optimal wellbeing.
She is professionally trained to provide a unique blend of counselling and coaching to not only support the mental and emotional wellbeing of her clients during difficult times, but also to empower her clients to learn new coping skills and ways of thinking, uncover their personal strengths and inner resources, build resilience, confidence and self-belief that can be drawn on in any situation to overcome challenges and live a life of meaning, purpose, and passion.
Kate integrates a variety of tools from CBT, positive psychology, narrative therapy, ACT, motivational interviewing and mindfulness to support each individual and their unique needs. Kate is available to support men, women, and young people over the age of 12 in person at Meraki Wellness Centre, online and as walk and talk sessions in areas such as;
anxiety and depression general stress and overwhelm
managing emotions navigating life changes/ unexpected changes
relationships pregnancy, birth, motherhood, and parenting
grief and loss self-worth and confidence
school exams and stress business, career, and study goals
health and fitness self-care and general wellbeing
body image personal goals, dreams and aspirations
To make an appointment with Kate please go to the link below.
- Bachelor Counselling (Coaching)
- Provisional Registration with PACFA
- Certificate of Youth Mental health skills training (Headspace)
- Accredited Lifeline Telephone Crisis Supporter
- Single Session Family Consultation certificate
- Certificate for Pre and Post Natal Exercise
- Certificate III in fitness (gym and group fitness instructor)
- Mental Health First Aid
- Community Champion for PANDA (Perinatal Anxiety and Depression Australia)
- Certificate of Basic Skills in Perinatal Mental Health (COPE – Centre for Perinatal Excellence)
- Certificate for Psychology of Health Wellness
- Certificate for Insights into Mental Health and Exercise
- Dual Diploma of Management/ Administration